- Pavers have many choices as far as patterns, colors and sizes
- Pavers won't crack. If by any chance over the years there is movement, the beauty is that they just need to be re-adjusted.
- There are products available that can be used in between the pavers and it hardens. This helps solve any weed problem.
- Pavers are easier to install, and you can walk on it right away.
Pavers tend to be more environmentally friendly than solid poured surfaces. Solid surfaces cause water and chemical run-off that may pollute natural water sources. Pavers allow the water to drain by seeping through the cracks between the pavers.
- Often solid-poured concrete areas, such as patios and driveways, raise the property taxes and require a building permit before installation begins. Homeowners may want to check with local building codes before choosing the solid poured surface or the pavers.
- Trip hazard could be created when the pavers shift or sink. This settling can leave small potholes or raised edges that may be hazardous.
- Ants love living below and between pavers. Weeds also grow between the cracks. Not as hardy as concrete.